Local Telephone Services
Whidbey Telecom is an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), and is a regulated utility. We are the local telephone services provider for residential and business customers located on South Whidbey and parts of Central Whidbey Island and in Point Roberts, Washington. [service area map] We have had the privilege to provide local telephone services for almost 100 years and have deep roots in the communities we serve. Our customers tell us how much they value our commitment to network reliability and personal service. They also award us kudos for the obvious care our teams take in the installation and maintenance of our facilities.
In addition to local telephone services, we provide our customers with access to the long distance networks and offer other communications products and services to meet their needs. For example, our Local Telephone Services are available with a wide array of Custom Calling Features and Service Options.
Whidbey Telecom has its headquarters in Langley, and Customer Service Centers in Langley and Point Roberts, Washington.
Internet and Broadband
Whidbey Telecom Internet and Broadband Services offers a full line of services to help customers accelerate their Internet experience. In 2004, we celebrated our 10th anniversary of bringing the World Wide Web to our customers. The majority of our customers live or work on Whidbey, Camano and Hat Islands and in Snohomish County.
Our Internet and broadband services include
- Broadband DSL: Blazing fast Internet access, and the always-on connection lets customers make or take voice calls at the same time they’re surfing the Internet.
- Dial-up Internet access: We support 28.8k, 33.6k, V.90/56k, V.92/56 or ISDN modem speeds.
- Web hosting: Programs to support small, medium and large businesses
- Other services: Wi-Fi, ISDN, dedicated frame relay
One of our primary competitive advantages is the support customers get from the knowledgeable, friendly, Whidbey Telecom Internet and Broadband technical team, located in Clinton, Washington. Our Tech Support team is trained to diagnose problems on both PC and Macintosh platforms. We’re proud of the accolades our team has received from the many customers who appreciate our competence, our patience and our personal approach.
Whidbey Telecom Long Distance offers competitive long distance rates to residential and business customers on South Whidbey Island, in Point Roberts and on Hat Island, Washington. Our goal is to provide an affordable and easy-to-use solution for Long Distance.
Whidbey Telecom’s friendly, local Customer Service team is available to help customers find the calling plan that works best in their individual circumstances, or to explain how long distance calling works.
Our long distance service includes three classes of calling:
Intrastate – calls within Washington state
Inter-state – calls outside of Washington state but still within the U.S.
- Inter-state 47 - U.S. states except Washington, Alaska and Hawaii
- Inter-state Alaska
- Inter-state Hawaii
- Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
International – calls outside the U.S.
- International – Canada
- International – all countries except Canada and the U.S.
Security and Alarms
Whidbey Telecom Security and Alarms offers high quality, state-of-the-art security products and services, specifically tailored for our customers’ home, business and/or institutional applications.
Our team of professionals applies rigorous quality standards to every phase of our turnkey approach – consultation, design, installation, monitoring, inspection, preventive maintenance and repair support. Our Service Technicians are Licensed Limited Energy Electricians. Our 24x7 monitoring is performed by local, Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) certified dispatchers. What’s more, our Monitoring Station is UL Listed, and meets Underwriters’ Laboratories’ high standard for residential and commercial fire alarm and burglar alarm systems.
Whidbey Telecom Security and Alarms’ services include consultation, design, installation, monitoring and support for:
- Security systems and services: burglar and security alarm systems (residential and commercial), electronic access control systems, CCTV systems and panic alarms
- Life safety systems and services: fire alarm systems (residential and commercial), alarm system inspections, medical alert or personal emergency response systems (PERS) and environmental alarm systems
We also offer such leading edge technologies as structured wiring, home automation and remote alarm control.
Data Center Services
A full array of Data Center Services is available through FiberCloud, one of the Whidbey Telecom family of businesses.
FiberCloud is a provider of high-speed, scalable bandwidth and a secured environment for businesses with mission-critical Internet operations.
In our Class A Data Centers, located in Bellingham, Everett and Seattle, customers who rely on the Internet to conduct business appreciate benefits such as these:
- Multiple layers of security, including computer programmed key entry, biometric scanning and closed-circuit video surveillance
- State-of-the-art fire detection and suppression systems
- Multi-homed network; multiple fiber connections through multiple providers; redundant routing equipment configurations
- Dual HVAC units, back-up UPS and generator
- Remote access, management, monitoring and maintenance capabilities
- Custom-tailored managed services
This attention to detail can also provide a greater level of security and confidence for customers who want to provide their businesses with business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
FiberCloud provides first-rate technical services and – unlike many of the “big box” data center operators - offers top-notch, personalized customer support.