|Catch important calls, even when you’re already on the line.
Call Waiting lets you answer a second call without disconnecting the first caller. You can switch between the callers as often as you like, while keeping each of the conversations private.
Taking a waiting call is optional. If you have our Voice Mail service, the unanswered call will be directed to your Voice Mailbox.
Call Waiting is easy to temporarily deactivate if you want to make a call without interruption.
- When you’re on a call and hear the Call Waiting beep tone, you answer the waiting call by quickly pressing and releasing your telephone hook-switch or flash button.
- To return to the first call, or to alternate between calls, just press and release the hook-switch or flash button each time you want to change.
- If you wish, you can answer an incoming Call Waiting by hanging up your first call. Your phone will immediately ring with the second call.
- Before placing your call, dial *70 on your touchtone phone. You’ll hear a second dial tone.
- Make your telephone call; Call Waiting will be turned off during this call.
- Call Waiting is automatically restored when you hang up.
- Note for customers with 3-way calling: You may deactivate Call Waiting during a 2-way call by quickly pressing your hook-switch or flash button and entering *70. You’ll be reconnected to your 2-way call after an acknowledgement tone.