Note: Eudora does not properly support Whidbey Telecom Email and HTML.
We recommend switching to Thunderbird, a free email program: http://www.getthunderbird.com
When you see the word username, that should be your actual email address.
Please open Eudora and follow the steps below.
For example, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address isj email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
1. Click the Special menu and select Settings...
2. Click the Checking Mail category.
3. If the Mail Server field contains mail.whidbey.com, change it to mail.whidbey.net
If it doesn't contain "whidbey" at all, this is not a Whidbey Telecom account.
4. Click the Sending Mail category.
5. If the SMTP Server field contains mail.whidbey.com, change it to mail.whidbey.net
6. Check the box next to "Allow Authorization".
7. Click the SSL category.
8. Change both "SSL for ..." menus to "Required (TLS)
9. Under both "SSL Negotiation" choices, select "TLS 1.0".
10. Select the Ports & Protocols category.
11. Change the "SMTP Port" from 25 to "587".
12. Click OK at the bottom.
NOTE: Please remember to perform this change on any other computers you use.