We recommend using iTunes to manage your iPhone's/iPod Touch's email settings, however if you use Thunderbird as your primary email program, or wish to set up email manually, please follow these instructions. Even after syncing with iTunes, you may need to verify that the settings are correct.
For example, if your address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username would be email@example.com, if your address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username would be email@example.com, if your address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username would be email@example.com, etc.
Setting Up Mail on an iPhone/iPod
If you already have your mail account setup on the iPhone/iPod, make sure your email account is secure.
1. Tap "Settings" on your "Home" screen
2. Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Tap "Add Account"
4. Tap "Other"
5. Tap "Add Mail Account".
6. Enter your Name, Email Address, and Password in the appropriate lines. You can optionally enter a description, otherwise the account will be called "Whidbey"
7. We highly recommend using IMAP on all Mobile Devices, then pull the page up.
8. Enter "mail.whidbey.net" as the host name, and your email address as the "Username", and of course your password.
9. Enter the same information under "Outgoing Mail Server" as you did under "Incoming Mail Server"
10. Tap Next, then Save
11. Make sure Mail is on, you can optionally enable Notes.
12. Tap on your existing Whidbey Telecom email account
13. Tap on the Account Name.
14. Pull the settings page up until you see Advanced.
15. Pull the page up until you see "Incoming Settings".
16. Tap on the switch for "Use SSL" so that the switch now says "On"
17. Ensure the server port is 993, then tap "Account" at the top.
18. Tap "SMTP"
19. Tap "mail.whidbey.net", under "Primary Server"
20. Pull the page up until you see "Use SSL".
21. Tap on the switch for "Use SSL" so that the switch now says "On"
22. Change the "Server Port" to 465
23. Tap "Done", then "Account", then "Done", then "Done"
NOTE: Please remember to perform this change on any other device you use.