When you see the word username, that should be your actual email address.
For example, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, etc
1. Click the Tools menu and select Accounts...
2. Select your account, then click the Properties button.
3. Click the Servers tab.
4. If the mail server fields contain mail.whidbey.com, change them both to mail.whidbey.netIf they don't contain "whidbey" at all, this is not a Whidbey Telecom account, so click Cancel.
5. Check the box next to "My server requires authentication".
6. Click the Advanced tab.
7. Check both boxes next to "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)".
8. Click OK at the bottom and return to the Accounts window
9. If you have other Whidbey Telecom accounts listed, repeat the steps for each account
NOTE: Please remember to perform this change on any other computers you use.