When you see the word username, that should be your actual email address.
For example, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
1. Click the Settings menu and select Preferences.
2. Select your POP3 Whidbey account, then click the Modify button.
3. Under the Basic tab, ensure Server says mail.whidbey.net.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. Next to "Use TLS", choose "Required"
6. Click the Update button, then Close.
7. Under Outgoing Mail Servers, select the Whidbey/Default account, then click Modify.
8. If Server contains mail.whidbey.com, change it to mail.whidbey.net.
9. Type your username into the "User Name" field.
10. Type your password into the "Password" field.
11. Next to "Use TLS", choose "Required"
12. Click OK
NOTE: Please remember to perform this change on any other computers you use.