Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 11:31
With so many choices and methods to communicate, we sometimes get asked how important it is to keep an active landline phone. While cutting expenses may be a priority in your household, here are some vital and compelling reasons why keeping your landline is more important than you might think.
- Our 100% buried local lines allow for continued service during power outages.
- Children and grandchildren always know where to find the phone in an emergency.
- Cell phone reception is spotty in some areas. Cell phone voice quality is often poor and battery life on cell phones can be much shorter.
- A home phone is connected to your address, not GPS, so the 911 operator knows exactly where to send help, even if you can't talk.
- Voice quality is much higher when conferencing through a landline than a cell phone.
- Your number is available for fellow community members to find in our local directory.
- Support and repair from Whidbey Telecom is same or next day. Issues with cell phones require you to take a trip to the nearest store or Kiosk.
With a Whidbey Telecom Premium Voice landline you also get unlimited Local and Long Distance calling. Call anywhere, anytime including Canada, Alaska, and more.*
We're here to talk about your options and help you find the right plan and set of services that best fit your needs. Don't hesitate to Contact Us. And don't forget our Tech Support Center is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*Premium Voice unlimited long distance applis to the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.