We recommend using iTunes to manage your iPad's email settings, however if you use Thunderbird as your primary email program, or wish to set up email manually, please follow these instructions.
When you see the word username, that should be your actual email address.
For example, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
If you already have your mail account setup on the iPad, make sure your email account is secure.
1. Tap "Settings" on your "Home" screen
2. Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Tap "Other"
4. Tap "Add Mail Account"
5. Enter your Name, Email Address, and Password in the appropriate lines. You can optionally enter a disruption, otherwise the account will be called "Whidbey"
6. We highly recommend using IMAP on all Mobile Devices, then pull the page up.
7. Enter "mail.whidbey.net" as the host name, and your email address as the "Username", and of course your password.
8. Enter the same information under "Outgoing Mail Server" as you did under "Incoming Mail Server"
9. Tap Next, then Save
10. Tap on your existing Whidbey Telecom email account
11. Tap on the Account Name.
12. Pull the settings page up until you see Advanced.
13. Pull the page up until you see "Incoming Settings".
14. Tap on the switch for "Use SSL" so that the switch now says "On"
15. Ensure the server port is 993, then tap "Account" at the top.
16. Tap "SMTP"
17. Tap "mail.whidbey.net", under "Primary Server"
18. Pull the page up until you see "Use SSL".
19. Tap on the switch for "Use SSL" so that the switch now says "On"
19. Change the "Server Port" to 465
20. Tap "Done", then "Account", then "Done", then "Done"
NOTE: Please remember to perform this change on any other device you use.