Eudora versions 6 and below do not properly support Whidbey Telecom Email and HTML.
You could consider upgrading to Eudora 7:
However, we recommend switching to Thunderbird, a free email program:
This version of Eudora also requires moving a file in order to support Secure Email.
1. On your keyboard, hold down the Windows Key and press the E key.
2. Click the next to My Computer, then Local Disk, then WINDOWS, then Program Files, then Eudora, then extrastuff.
3. Drag and drop the file named "esoteric.epi" into the main Eudora folder.
4. You can then close Windows Explorer.
1. Click the Tools menu and select Options...
2. Click the Checking Mail category.
3. If the Mail Server field contains mail.whidbey.com, change it to mail.whidbey.net
If it doesn't contain "whidbey" at all, this is not a Whidbey Telecom account, so click Cancel.
4. Under "Secure Sockets when Receiving", select "Required, STARTTLS" from the menu.
5. Click the Sending Mail category.
6. If the SMTP Server field contains mail.whidbey.com, change it to mail.whidbey.net
7. Check the box next to "Allow Authentication"
8. Under "Secure Sockets when Sending", select "Required, STARTTLS" from the menu.
9. Click the Ports category at the very bottom of the list.
If you don't see a Ports category, then the "esoteric.epi" file is missing from the Eudora folder. Please refer to the top of this page.
10. Change the "SMTP Port (25)" number from 25 to 587
11. Click OK at the bottom.
NOTE: Please remember to perform this change on any other computers you use.